Tuesday 17 July 2012

Lavender Harvest


The front garden gets full sun and very little rain so I planted a lavender hedge all along the front which has thrived.

The problem comes is what to do with it all? It seems such a shame to let it go to waste. I wait until the bees have had their fill and then bring it in to dry for a while.

Then I remembered I had some pretty organza left over from when I made some nets. I also adore my little baby lock overlocker, it makes it so easy to make these pretty little bags. My friend Jo taught me how to make the lavender bottles.

Lavender is good for us in so many ways, not only is it a calming herb, but an anti-septic too. These little bags are great to keep in drawers or the wardrobe as they keep clothes smelling fresh and ensures the moths don't take up residence in my favourite dress!


If you wish to find out more about lavender click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin