Monday 22 October 2012

Sew Little


On Saturday there was a little vintage fair and I found this little beautiful pin; it is hand stitched to perfection using soft vintage fabrics. I fell in love with most of the things on her stall, she sews everything by hand with her daughter. You can find her website here she has a lovely eye for mixing vintage finds that delight the eye, but she was also great to chat to. She liked the strawberries on my shopping basket, I offered to send her the pattern. 

That is what I like about vintage fairs, it is the opportunity to talk to like minded souls, exchange ideas and even skills. I have been considering painting my dressers for a long time, and it is one of the skills that Connie Bee is wiling to share in return for me teaching her to crochet. 


I also bought this lovely notebook the fabric is so pretty and the stitching is so neat it made me really inspired to make something of my own. 

It only saddens me that there aren't more people clamouring to buy these home made beauties. They are an opportunity for us to give our cash which gives encouragement to someone's dream rather than the 'global' trade to some meaningless organisation. 

Etsy and its UK version Misi are a wonderful on line version of the vintage fair, but you simply cannot beat a good chat over a stall with a likeminded soul or even over a cup of tea and home made cake. 





1 comment:

  1. Susie, I totally agree with your comments regarding buying vintage or previously loved items and/or crafts. I have to say that when I purchase previously loved fabrics from charity shops, I wash them at 90 degrees and press them quickly. The lovely fresh new smell makes one believe that the fabric is new. Some of the wonderful designs of fabrics I find are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin