Monday 14 January 2013

January snowfall




It was a lovely surprise to wake up to snow this morning - we don't often have it in this part of the country. The weather forecast was for rain this afternoon so I took an early morning stroll with the dog and my camera. 


There is a wonderful peacefulness that seems to come with a snowfall, sounds are muffled and for a moment it feels as if I have stepped into a christmas card. I love that first step onto a pristine white path - the sound as the snow compresses under my feet -  the footprint patterns and the dog bounding around enjoying the new scents. 

The gold fish pond is frozen over, the brown skeleton weeping willows stand like silent sentinels waiting for the thaw of spring. I feel as if I am the only one awake in this silent world,  a lovely way to start the day. 


1 comment:

  1. Ah that looks so lovely, you can't beat fresh snow it's so magical. We had a few flakes here but it was all just grey!

    ReplyDelete

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin