Sunday 24 February 2013

Spring Wreath



I really love Bustle and Sew I love the feel of her designs and this bunny was from one of her patterns, however as I was putting the fluffy tail on with my needle felt, I realised that it might give a more natural look if I was to continue. While I might love her patterns I struggle to follow instructions and once the bunny became fluffy, I decided to do the yo yo flowers too! 


The heart wreath is such a pretty design which added to the springtime theme and I really enjoyed making the daffodils! I did try tulips but they did not work out! 


I finished the top with a bigger yoyo and hung it with some starry ribbon


I have some black beads somewhere, so until I find them his eye will have to remain just a little spot


I really enjoyed making these tiny yoyo's some of them as small as a 5pence piece, I also used brads and small ribbon flowers from my collection. The wreath is now hanging up heralding in the spring, under my little egg tree. 


I went to the Eternal maker on Saturday to top up my felt stash, there are so many gorgeous things you can make with felt that I have a hankering to make. 


I also tidied up my little scrap basket, after the yo yo class a lulamae's I needed to re-organise, other items will go up in the loft storage, as I don't like having too much out - I find it too overwhelming! 

We headed to a lovely tea shop this afternoon for tea and cake, at the Riverside tea rooms in Amberley, it was a little too cold for a walk but definitely one that we will go back to with the dog. Lovely selection of cakes. We can't wait for the museum to open it looks a great place to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin