Thursday 27 June 2013

The vintage pattern selector - book review

I saw this in a bookshop a few months ago, it has been on my wish list for a long time - finally arrived today. 

I love the way the patterns can be mixed up and used to create a style of your own. (not yet had time to try out the patterns) but the book itself has a brief outline of the various styles over the decades and patterns to match. 

I really struggle with patterns now, since learning to make my own dummy to work on it has been so much easier to adapt and make my own things - it is just a case of time to do it. 

For a while now I have been playing with french knickers, and I have to admit my first attempt were more bloomers than the sultry silky look I was aiming for so the french knicker pattern might be the one I start with. 

It is a great book, very clear instructions and the patterns are worth the cost of the book it contains 15 digital patterns all for the price of £11 - that is a bargain. Will add to the post when I have used the patterns and let you know how it all goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin