Monday 9 September 2013

September Seasons of Mists





September is considered the first month of Autumn here, but the Sep comes from seven, when it was the seventh month of the Roman Calendar! While the hedgerows are full of blackberries they are still not ripened, which is surprising given the long hot summer days we had.  I went to my Son's for dinner on Saturday and came to the realisation that Autumn is definitely upon us, I was chilly for the first time in months. I woke up this morning and put on tights - and was looking at all my summer dresses thinking that it was time to start putting them away, I told S and he smiled saying that maybe I might need them if we went somewhere warm! It cheered me up!

Saturday was the monthly table top sale at St Mary's church - there is a wonderful variety of stalls but I was delighted to find this gorgeous little sandwich plate, as you can see by my tea cup it matches perfectly with my little tea set. I don't think I shall ever grow out of playing with tea sets. A snip at £3! I also found a lovely wicker picnic basket, which I love to use for storage in my studio - it is just the perfect size another bargain at £2!

We had a lazy weekend really, just relaxing at home - the joy of working from home means that you can keep up with Domesticity without chores encroaching on your weekend. After visiting the table top sale we ambled over to Rose Green Centre of Art and Craft where there was an Autumn painting work shop taking place. The centre is wonderful selling lots of work from local artists as well as running regular workshops on different themes. I signed up for a printmaking course next Saturday - I have been wanting to explore printing for a long time so I am now thinking about what to design!


I love my new casserole dish - there is something fabulous about cast iron cookware. Yes it is very heavy but this is such a gorgeous shade of blue and cream - an addition to my pot I bought a few months ago. I love cooking with these pots, they keep such a great even temperature - you can switch them off or down low and they retain the heat for a long time. 

I have also been re-vamping some things... will post more soon but until then here is a tiny taster ...





No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin